Chiropractor In Amarillo Back In Business!!
Amarillo Chiropractor, Dr. Jeff Williams, Re-opens Amid COVID Pandemic
Creek Stone Integrated Care and Dr. Jeff Williams are back in business. To be honest, we never went anywhere but, amid the COVID pandemic, we did close our doors to in-office visits for 2 weeks. Many chiropractors in Amarillo kept their doors open at that time.
We decided to step back and take a break for two weeks for a few reasons:
- It was a brand new virus and there was hardly any information available about how easily it spreads or how to protect ourselves and our patients.
- Any personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks, gloves, etc were to be reserved for the front-line hospital workers. Going without PPE would leave practitioners like us exposed to a virus that nothing was known about.
- We wanted to be smart and responsible and take EVERY step we could to ensure the safety of our patients, our staff, and our families. Even at the cost of our bottom line.
In compliance with the State of Texas's guidelines, since Friday, May 1, Creek Stone Integrated Care has been completely open to all patients. Being open to all patients means that acute, chronic, and wellness patients (aka maintenance patients) are all welcome for treatment.
We know there are a certain amount of patients that feel conflicted about going outside of their homes at this time. They may be nervous or anxious about going inside another place of business. After all, we are living in a crazy time right now. Knowing this, we wanted to outline some of the things we have done in our chiropractic office to mitigate any risk of exposure in our office.
Steps to keeping our chiropractic clinic safe
- We are cleaning like crazy following the CDC guides on cleaning and cleaning products.
- We are requiring all staff and patients to wear a mask at this time
- We perform temperature checks at the door to make sure our patients do not have a fever of 99.5 or higher.
- If patients come to their appointment with a new cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. we are rescheduling their appointment for a future date.
- We have placed UV air filters in the treating rooms to circulate and clean the air every minute or two
- Only our patients are allowed in the clinic at this time. No family members or friends
- We are performing initial paperwork and intake questions over the phone rather than spending time doing so face to face in the office.
- We have put fans in each room to circulate the air
- When the outside temperature allows, we are leaving the front and back doors open to circulate fresh air into the clinic regularly
As you can see, we here at Creek Stone are taking this pandemic very seriously and we are taking safety very seriously as well. At this time, the last thing we want our patients worried about is their safety when they come to see us in our clinic.
Not only is chiropractic deemed essential and available, but our massage therapists are allowed to start back as well as our acupuncturist. Things are starting to get back to normal!
At the end of the day, there are still those that are just too anxious to go out and about at this time and that is more than understandable. For those patients, Dr. Williams and Creek Stone offers Telehealth or Telemedicine appointments to help offer advice on activities of daily living and targeted exercise protocols to manage the complaint from the comfort of their own homes. Telehealth appointments are easy and convenient and have been a big hit at this time of the pandemic.
What is painfully obvious is that, even though we had to close our doors for a couple of weeks and take a break, pain did not take a break.
- Car wrecks in Amarillo still happened.
- Manual laborers still came home with a sore back.
- Moms are still hurting from caring for and carrying kids around all day.
- Veterans are still on pain medication and still hurting.
- Workers are still getting hurt on the job and needing work comp.
- There are still people out there hoping to avoid surgery and are seeking treatment with chiropractors to prevent it.
- There are still people that hurt and need help but are wanting to avoid the Emergency Room.
- There are patients that feel better if they visit their chiropractor every 4 weeks or so. A good maintenance schedule can go a long way for these patients.
Fellowship-Trained in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
We here at Creek Stone feel that what sets up apart from the rest and helps us stand out is that Dr. Williams is the only Fellowship-trained chiropractor in the Texas Panhandle for Orthopedics and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine. Specialized chiropractors like Dr. Williams are trained to find the problem quickly and have the training to treat them for a robust and successful resolution to the pain.
We Are Open For Business
The message to you all is WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS. We are open every workday and are available for appointments to help you get back to your regular daily activities.
We have missed you and we look forward to seeing you back in the clinic.
We promise to do our part to keep this a safe, friendly, clean, and loving place to get out of pain quickly and effectively.
And yes.....our music is still amazing!!
Dr. Jeff Williams, DC, FIANM is a Fellowship-trained Neuromusculoskeletal specialist and chiropractor in Amarillo, TX. As an Amarillo chiropractor, Dr. Williams treats chronic pain, disc pain, low back pain, neck pain, whiplash injuries, and more. Dr. Williams is also the host of The Chiropractic Forward Podcast. Through the podcast, Dr. Williams teaches fellow chiropractors and advocates weekly for evidence-based, patient-centered practice through current and relevant research. If you have any questions for Dr. Williams, feel free to email at [email protected]
Learn more about Dr. Williams and his practice at https://www.amarillochiropractor.com. Dr. Williams's full-time Amarillo chiropractic practice is Creek Stone Integrated Care at 3501 SW 45th St., Ste. T, Amarillo, TX 79109