How To Choose The Best Chiropractor in Amarillo
The chiropractic profession is one that comprises a wide variety of techniques and practices, which may seem a challenge for you to select the best chiropractor in Amarillo. When choosing a chiropractor, consider having a rapport with the chiropractor to know his level of expertise in the profession.
Steps to take when choosing a chiropractor in Amarillo
There are several steps that you can take to choose the best chiropractor in Amarillo. They include the following:·
Get recommendations from a good chiropractor or primary care physician
- Getting a recommendation from a reputable chiropractor or health care professional may be a good way to start. They may be able to give you a recommendation to a trustworthy colleague or other experienced chiropractors. You may also ask friends, neighbors, and co-workers for recommendations. Still, you do need to be careful with accepting all recommendations because some people's idea of the best chiropractor may be different from others. Recall that we started out by mentioning the wide variety of techniques and practices. Make sure you are choosing an evidence-based chiropractor. One that knows when he/she should refer cases to a medical colleague. Make sure you do not choose a chiropractor that claims to fix everything in your body from adjusting your spine. Research and evidence simply do not back these claims up. However, there are mountains of papers supporting the use of spinal manipulative therapy, exercise, massage, and acupuncture to address acute and chronic pain.
Interviewing a chiropractor
- Before you begin any treatment, it is advisable to request an in-office consultation or do a telephone interview to know more about the clinic, the chiropractor, and the technique used. In most cases, the chiropractor may ask you for a personal consultation so you can discuss it further.
You may carry out background research on chiropractors
- To find the best chiropractors in Amarillo, you may decide to do research to find out if the chiropractor has any disciplinary actions taken against him. You may be able to get this information from your state's chiropractic licensing board on the state's website. In addition, in the day and age of the internet, performing a Google search on the chiropractor in Amarillo can give you a lot of information. Do they have great reviews? What are the reviewers saying about the office specifically?
Questions to ask when searching for the best chiropractors in Amarillo·
Is the chiropractor friendly and courteous?
Do you feel comfortable when talking with the chiropractor?
How many years of practice does the chiropractor have?
Is the chiropractor someone that listens to patient's complaints properly?
- Is the chiropractor active in the community and active in giving back?
- What kind of education has the chiropractor undergone? Are they actively learning and progressing?
- Is there anyone else in your town that can compare?
At Creek Stone Integrated Care, we want to be your Amarillo Chiropractor. As a result of our efforts, we have combined various services and providers all under one roof. In addition, Dr. Williams is the only Fellowship-trained chiropractic orthopedist west of I-35 in Texas. That covers A LOT OF GROUND! He is also the only practitioner in the Texas Panhandle with Advanced Certification in Whiplash Biomechanics & Traumatology.
After working in the Texas Panhandle for 22 years and being a lifelong resident fo our area, you can say that experience matters and Creek Stone is where you will find that.
Call us at 355-3000 and let us get you set up to get started.